Schwinn links and resources
This site would not be possible without the Schwinn community and a few people in particular. This page lists useful Schwinn resources for collectors and restorers and also lists sources of information that helped me sort out the history of Schwinn cruisers.
Official Schwinn Company Websites
- Schwinn - The official site of Schwinn bicycles
- Schwinn Cruisers - The official new Schwinn Cruisers page
- Schwinn Blog - The official Schwinn blog
Forums are uniquely important to the vintage Schwinn community. Forums are places where people post pictures, share their knowlege, ask questions and find answers.
- Schwinn Bike Forum - Large popular (unofficial) Schwinn forum. An important Schwinn resource where many questions and posts go up almost everday.
- The Cabe Bike Forum - The Cabe has been a long standing and extremely useful frum for Schwinn research for me and hopefully it will be for you too.
Images / Catalogs / Online Visual Resources
- Tom Findley's Schwinn resource of scanned catalogs - This site has nearly a century worth of Schwinn publications scanned and ready to view.
- Bob Hufford's Schwinn Lightweight Data Book - This site has Schwinn documentation from the years of 1960 to 1979. The documents on this site are an impressive collection of catalogs, dealer specs, repair manuals, etc. This site has proved priceless to me as a source of information for these years.
Informative Schwinn Online Resources
- Old Roads Vintage Bikes -Resource with price guides, technical info, photos, and more.
- Dave’s Vintage Bicycles - Another massive Vintage bike resource.
- 50 Years of Schwinn Built Bicycles by Frank W Schwinn - 1945 (out of print)
- Super Balloon Tire Bicycles 1933 - World War II by James Hurd & T. A. Gordon
- Chicago Cycle Supply Company 1938 Catalog (out of print) note: copies of this 150 page catalog have been made
- Classic Schwinn Bicycles by William Love
Back to Schwinn Bikes