The Schwinn Streamliner
The Schwinn Streamliner was made between 1951 to 1961.
This page provides year by year images and info quoted from Schwinn catalogs for the Streamliner from 1953 to 1961.
With patented Cantilever frame design.
1951 Schwinn Streamliner
The beautiful Schwinn Streamliner features quality equipment throughout!
- Model B-6 26-inch
Here is truly an outstanding bike- favored for its streamlined beauty and patented cantilever frame, designed and exclusively used by Schwinn. Beautifully equipped with tank with built-in horn, chrome truss rods, sturdy luggage carrier and best quality fittings throughout.
Nothing has spared to make the Streamliner a superior product. Remember too, it's fully protected by the Schwinn Guarantee!
- Frame Electro-forged, exclusive Cantilever construction, fully streamlined, removable seat post clamp.
- Fork Schwinn tubular electronic construction, double tapered fork sides, patented truss rods. No brazing.
- Crank Set Drop forged high carbon steel, triple heat treated cups and cones, turned from fine grain bar steel, chrome steel balls, two point ball bearing races.
- Rear Hub Standard coaster brake.
- Front Hub Schwinn built with removable bearing cups.
- Handlebar Stem Schwinn gooseneck from dropped forged steel.
- Handlebar Chrome plated, SB 26 x 8.
- Kickstand Patented dust and rattle proof construction.
- Chain Guard Embossed design, secured directly to frame.
- Head Set Schwinn built, turned from special fine grain steel, tripple heat treated cones and cups, chrome steel balls.
- Tank Embossed design, with self contained horn unit.
- Fenders Extra wide, deep type, reinforced, rigid semi-tubular braces. Rear braces attached directly to frame.
- Head light Schwinn built, streamlined, self contained fenderlite.
- Luggage Carrier Streamlined, attached directly to frame.
- Tires Schwinn Typhoon 26 x 2 1/8" cord balloon.
- Rims Schwinn built, tubular chrome plated S-2.
- Saddle Deluxe, top grain leather, sponge rubber padding.
- Reflector 3 1/4" Stimsonite approved reflector.
- Pedals Schwinn approved Deluxe, finest quality.
- Shipping Weight 65 pounds.
- Colors Dark Red, Blue, Green or Black.
See the full 1951 Schwinn catalog.
Carries the famous Schwinn guarantee.
1953 Schwinn Streamliner
Favorite of many for its streamlined, beauty and patented cantilever frame, built-in Fenderlite, streamlined tank with built-in horn, sturdy luggage carrier and all the famous Schwinn Exclusive Quality Features.
- 26 inch model No. B-6
See the full 1953 Schwinn catalog.
Super-strong cantilever frame!
1954 Schwinn Streamliner
Another Schwinn exclusive- Cantilever construction that adds extra strength no other bicycle can offer!
A real beauty is Streamlined styling, featuring the partented Cantilever frame for sturdy dependability. Deluxe equipment includes streamlined tank with built-in horn, headlight, truss rods and luggage carrier. Selection of colors in three model sizes.
- 26-inch size Boys D-16
- 24-inch size Boys J-26
- 24-inch size Boys J-36
See the full 1954 Schwinn catalog.
Here is distinctive design in a fully equipped balloon-tired model with the super-strong Schwinn Cantilever frame.
1955 Schwinn Streamliner
Boys 26-inch Model D16
Its quality equipment includes streamline tank with horn, Rocket Ray headlight, sturdy luggage carrier, chrome truss rods and whitewall tires.
- FRAME- Schwinn balloon Cantilever.
- FORK- Forged, with chrome truss rods.
- RIMS- Schwinn tubular S-2, chrome.
- BRAKES- Caliper brakes, front and rear.
- TIRES- Shwinn Typhoon whitewall.
- COLORS- Opal red, blue or green; also black enamel.
Shipping Weight lbs.
- BOYS GIRLS SIZE DESCRIPTION BOYS/GIRLS
- D16 -- 26-inch Streamliner 63 --
- J26 -- 24-inch Streamliner 56 --
See the full 1955 Schwinn catalog.
A real beauty in streamlined styling, featuring the patented Cantilever frame, tank with built-in horn, headlight, truss rods, luggage carrier, whitewall tires.
1956 Schwinn Streamliner
Boys 26" and 24" models.
Colors: Opal red, blue or green; also black enamel.
See the full 1956 Schwinn catalog.
Schwinn Cantilever frame! Streamlined tank! whitewall tires!
1961 Schwinn Streamliner
Smart streamline design...tank with horn, chrome rear carrier. Radiant red, blue, green, black.
- 26" 2-speed........... $69.95
- 26" coaster brake .... $59.95
See the full 1961 Schwinn catalog.
Back to Schwinn Bikes.