1973 Schwinn Catalog
Original text and images of the 1973 Schwinn sales brochure. The text below, including the prices, are as written in 1973.
This 1973 Schwinn bike book is dedicated to bicycling...and you'll find pictures of happy riders taken in many parts of the United States... just a sampling of the wonderful world of bicycling.
Schwinn invites you to join over ten million Americans who each year are discovering the joy of getting there under their own power on a non-polluting bicycle. It's good exercise!
In just the past few years millions of ethusiastic adults have joined the youthful cyclist in sharing the benefits of the out-of-doors-on bikes! And it's just good fun! You see them everywhere- in cities, on the open road, on campuses, in parks, and on the growing number of bicycle paths throughout our beautiful land. Isn't this year for you?
In Northern New York State and Southern Vermont, the paths are ablaze with color in spring and fall.
La Jolla, California
Up and down the coast of Southern California enjoy the clearly markes bike paths... here at the cave the scenery is breathtaking.
First steps in selecting your new bike...
Experienced cyclists will all agree- see a reliable bicycle sales and service dealer... your nearby Factory Authorized Schwinn Dealer. He's bike expert who knows the available models (Schwinn manufactures over 90 models with color options.)
Your Schwinn Dealer will help you with the selection of the right bike for your needs, assemble it, adjust it, and fit it to your comfort at no extra charge. Later, when you need service, he'll take care of that, too. Friendly, helpful service is his business, so drop in and get acquainted. It's the first step to owning a fine Schwinn bicycle of your own.
Your Factory Authorized Schwinn Dealer Pledge:
- Your new Schwinn bike will be assembled, adjusted and ready-to-ride. Retail price includes assembly and freight.
- Your new Schwinn will be fitted to the rider for added safety and comfort- saddle and handlebars adjusted for the riding position... all at no extra charge.
- Your new Schwinn will be protected under the Schwinn Guarantee- No-Time-Limit! (See page 56 for the complete guarantee.)
- Your new Schwinn will be eligible for a free 30-day check-up. Service for safety and enjoyment.
Convertible Bikes...............39 and 40
Exerciser.......................28 and 29
Famous Schwinn Guarantee...............56
Gift Shop.......................42 and 43
Lock Your Bike.........................26
Ladie's Lightweight Bikes........18 to 23
Men's Lightweight Bikes...........8 to 17
Junior Lightweight Bikes (24 in).......32
Junior Lightweight Bikes (20 in).......38
Boy's and Girl's 26 in.................37
Parts and Accessories............44 to 55
Boy's Sting-Rays............34, 35 and 36
Girl's Sting-Rays...............35 and 36
Tandems...........................6 and 7
All bicycle prices shown in this catalog are fair trade prices in states where Fair Trade Laws apply. In other states they are suggested retail prices.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Suggested prices on parts and accessories do not include installation. Battery operated accessories do not include batteries. Biycle weights (Wt.) stated are approximate net weights. Weights in a particular model line will vary and are stated as a range. The larger the frame size the greater the weight of the model.
Front Cover: Miami Beach, Florida's post Fontainebleau Hotel, scene of the 1973 Schwinn Dealer's National Convention.
Technical Minded? Here is What cycle Gearing means to you...
Gearing on bicycles is listed as a whole number, such as 70 Gear, used on bicycles for normal riding conditions. This number is related to the distance traveled in one revolution of the crank. The gear number "70" multiplied by Pi (3-1/7) will give the distance traveled in one revolution - or 220 inches.
The lower gears require less pedal effort but decrease the distance the bicycle travels in one revolution of the pedals. The lower gears are used primarily for pedaling upgrade or against the wind.
Conversely, the higher gears require more pedal effort and the distance traveled for one revolution of the pedals increases. These higher gears should be used primarily on down grade or with the wind to maintain the speed attained with little effort.
To lower the gear on a bicycle, you can decrease the size of the front sprocket of increase the size of the rear sprocket. Conversely, to get a higher gear, you can increase the size of the front sprocket or decrease the size of the rear sprocket. On derailleur bicycles, the chain is positioned on different size front or rear sprockets to vary the gearing. On multi-speed hubs, the internal parts shifts to accomplish gear change.
Suggested Schwinn Model Sizes for Various Leg Lengths
For 26" and 27" Wheel Size Models
Frame size Leg Length range* from
17" 26" to 30"
19" 28" to 31"
20" 29" to 32
21" 30" to 33"
22" 31" to 34"
23" 32" to 35"
24" 33" to 36"
25" 34" to 37"
26" 35" to 38"
Juvenile and Youth Model Bicycles
Wheel Size Model Leg Length range* from
12" Lil' Tiger 14" to 18"
16" Pixie 16" to 21"
20" Bantam 20" to 25"
20" Breeze and Speedster 21" to 26"
20" Junior Sting-Ray 21" to 26"
20" Sting-Ray 22" to 32"
20" Krates 22" to 32"
24" Varsity 26" to 29"
26" Typhoon, Hollywood, Heavy-Duti 28" to 32"
Leg length is the distance from cratch to floor while standing in stocking feet. Adjustments both higher and lower than the indicated figures can be made on Schwinn Bickes. However, these are the recommended figures.
Proper Bicycle Fit and Adjustment
- Proper Frame Fit
- Rider MUST be able to straddle bicycle when standing
- Proper rider Adjustment
- Knee slightly bent
- Handlebar stem approximately level with seat or slighty lower
- Pedal at bottom position
The first step towards proper bicycle fit is selection of the proper frame. Schwinn bicycles come in a wide variety of sizes and most Schwinn lightweights are available with different frame sizes to ensure that the purchaser is able to buy a bicycle with a frame which is neither too large nor too small but just right.
A rider's proper frame size is usually the largest frame which he can comfortably straddle with both of his feet on the ground as in the illustration on left. Women can use the men's style frame to determine the approximate size of the corresponding ladies' model bicycle. Proper utmost in safety and handling.
Once the proper frame size has been determined, the next step is to adjust the seat to its correct height. The most efficient and comfortable pedaling is accomplished when the rider's leg, while he is seated on bicycle, is not quite fully extended when the ball of the foot is on the pedal. The rider must be seated on the saddle and the pedal MUST be at the bottom position as shown in illustration on the right.
The handlebar stem should be adjusted to the same height as seat or slightly lower than the seats, as shown in the illustrations.
CAUTION: At least 2 inches of both the seat post and handlebar stem must remain inside the frame and fork stem after adjustments are made.
STING-RAY and JUNIOR MODELS
On Sting-Ray and Junior models the rider's toes should touch the groung while straddling the seat. The handlebar grips must not be higher than the rider's shoulders when he is seated on the saddle. Proper fit is essential to your bicycle riding safety.
Schwinn Paramount Tandems
If you appreciated the hand-craftsmanship that goes into a fine watch you'll appreciate the quality you can see as well as feel in the Schwinn Paramount Tandem.
A magnificent machine for the rider who demands the very best. Lightweight chrome molybdenum alloy steel frame and front fork.
Aluminum alloy rims, 27" x 1 1/4" H.P Le Tour tires. Drop style front handlebars, 10-speed derailleur gears, front and rear cantilever brakes, alloy crank sets, and carefully chosen component equipment.
Available in all Schwinn colors, except Silver Mist. Write to the Schwinn factory for full information and specifications, 1856 N. Kostner Ave., Chicago, Ill. 60639, c/o Consumer Relations. Wt. 43-44 lbs. range in standard frame sizes.
- T19-9 Paramount Tandem with Men's front, step- Through rear frame................$575.00
- T22-9 Paramount Tandem with Double Men's style frame.............................$575.00
Cycling is fun alone, but you can double your fun on a new tandem.
Here's your chance to share it on the Twinn... low tandem frame for easy mounting, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/4" nylon cord tires. Full cushioned saddles for comfort, positive action rear coaster brake and front caliper brake. Choice of colors: Campus Green, Kool Lemon. Wt. 64 lbs.
- T11 Twin tandem.....$111.95
Schwinn Deluxe Twinn
A picnic, a ride in the park, or a twilight jaunt... they're all more fun with a Twinn... responsive 5-speed gears help make the ride almost effortless and the hills more manageable. Low tandem design, easy to mount... chrome fenders, 26" x 1 3/8" gumwall touring tires, front caliper and rear internal expander brake. Choice of colors: Campus green, Opaque Blue, or Kool Lemon. Wt. 64 lbs.
- T13-9 Deluxe Twin Tandem.......$149.95
The Choice of Champions
The bicycle that has become the standard of comparison throughout the world. Only the finest steel alloys are crafted into the lightweight handmade frames that form the heart of this finest of bicycles. Lightweight frames that combine strength and high performance.
Every component is carefully chosen, inspected, and fitted for quality, Schwinn craftsmanship, and performance. Hand made in seven standard frame sizes, with a choice of any Schwinn color including black, white and Silver Mist. (Chrome not available in 1973.) For full information, see your Schwinn Dealer or write direct to the Schwinn factory for the complete specifications. Special frames built to customer's order at extra cost.
Schwinn Paramount Track Bike
At bike tracks from coast-to-coast you'll find many top riders- professionals and amateurs astride Schwinn Paramounts. Precision built and designed exclusively for track use. Short, rigid, upright frame design... made of Reynolds 531 double butted tubing.
Aluminum alloy rims, Campagnolo Record large flange hubs, tubular 27" x 1" silk sew-up track tires. Choice of any Schwinn color including black and white and Silver Mist. Note: Paramount track bikes are built for track riding and should not be operated on roads. Wt. 18 to 20 lbs.
- P14 Paramount Track Bikes......$300.00
Schwinn Deluxe Paramount
Unmatched performance that challenges comparison and featuring the option of 15-speed wide range 31- to - 104 derailleur gears.
New Schwinn H.P. Le Tour tires. Handcrafted throughout with the superb craftsmanship that the world has come to expect from the Paramount. Frame of Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing. Complete choice of all Schwinn colors including black, white and Silver Mist. Wt. 26-27 lbs. range in standard frame sizes.
- P15-9 Deluxe Paramount................$450.00
Schwinn Deluxe Touring Paramount
Same specifications as P15-9 described but equipped with 10-speed full range 51-to-100 gear and double plateu crank. Wt. 26-27 lbs. range in standard frame sizes.
- P10-9 Deluxe Paramount.................$450.00
All prices and specifications subject to change without notice
Schwinn Proffesional Road Racing Paramount
Among cycling experts throughout the world, you'll find the Paramount is America's contribution to cycling technology and excellence.
Handcrafted and equipped with the fines components available. Ten-Speed derailleur, 51-to-100 gear. Frame of Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing-nothing finer. Wide selection of custom equipment...all Schwinn colors including black, white and Silver Mist. Wt. 23-25 lbs. range in standard frame sizes.
- P13-9 Professional Road Racing Paramount......$450.00
Schwinn Sports Tourer
A superb combination of internationally known bicycle components brought together by Schwinn in a high performance design.
Featuring 3-piece aluminum alloy crank set, chrome molybdenum frame... lightweight yet strong, 10-speed wide range rear derailleur,
a wide range 5-gear cluster- a gear range of 32- to - 104 Large flange quick release hubs, chrome plated spokes, aluminum rims, new
high pressure Schwinn H.P Le Tour tires, drop style handlebars, chrome trimmed front fork. Fingertip controls optional. Wt. 31-33 lbs.,
depending on frame size.
Colors: Kool Lemon, Sunset Orange, and Opaque Blue.
- Model 832 22" Frame Sports Tourer.....$220.00
- Model 834 24" Frame Sports Tourer.....$220.00
- Model 836 26" Frame Sports Tourer.....$220.00
Schwinn Super Sport
Designed for the bicyclist who wants outstanding performance and a better bike with precision engineered components.
Test ride the Schwinn Super Sport with hand-brazed chrome molybdenum alloy steel lightweight frame. Choice of 10 speeds in a wide
range derailleur gear, 33-to-100 ratio; wide range 5-cog cluster, Schwinn- Approved 27" x 1 1/4" high performance sports touring tires,
Schwinn Twin-Stik gear controls located at handlebar stem. Dual position caliper levers and quick release hubs, depending on
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Sunset Orange, and Opaque Blue.
- Model 822 22" frame Super Sport ...$152.95
- Model 824 24" frame Super Sport ...$152.95
- Model 826 26" frame Super Sport ...$152.95
Whether it's a ride to the pool, a daily ride along the bikeway, or a long ride over the country road, the Continental is unmatched in its class.
An outstanding combination of cycling features including the diamond style carbon steel frame, 10 speed 38-to-100
derailleur gear, Twin-Stik gear shift located for convenienve and safety at the handlebar stem dual position center pull caliper
brakes that provide sure stops with the touch of the the finger tips, 27" x 1 1/4" high pressure Sports Touring tires, and lightweight
steel rims. Wt. 37-38 lbs., depending on frame size.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Sunset Orange and Opaque Blue.
- Model 322 22" frame Continental .......$116.95
- Model 324 24" frame Continental .......$116.95
- Model 326 26" frame Continental .......$116.95
Tourist styling for thosr who prefer a more upright riding position.
The Schwinn SubUrban features a sturdy diamond style carbon steel frame; 27" x 1 1/4" gumwall tires; tubular front fork; comfortable deluxe mattress style saddle; and attractive coach trim. Choice of frame sizes, two gear options. Colors: Sierra brown, Campus Green or Opaque Blue. Wt. 40-41 lbs., depending on frame size.
10-Speed, 38 to 100 gear
- Model 620 20" frame Suburban, ................$106.95
- Model 622 22" frame Suburban, ................$106.95
- Model 624 24" frame Suburban, ................$106.95
5-Speed 39 to 89 gear
- Model 520 20" frame Suburban, ................$96.95
- Model 522 22" frame Suburban, ................$96.95
- Model 524 24" frame Suburban, ................$96.95
Schwinn Varsity Sport
At home, on the campus, in town, or on a country lane.
Selected features and equipment usually found on bikes costing much more. Diamond style carbn steel frame, Twin-Stik gear shift controls, 10 speed derailleur, 38 to 100 gear, 27" x 1 1/4" gumwall tires, drop handlebars, and dual position brake levers. Four frame sizes. Wt. 38 - 41 lbs., depending on frame size. Colors: Kool Lemon, Sunset Orange, or Campus Green.
Varsity Sport Without Fenders
- Model 120 20" frame Varsity ........$102.95
- Model 122 22" frame Varsity ........$102.95
- Model 124 24" frame Varsity ........$102.95
- Model 126 26" frame Varsity ........$102.95
Varsity Sport With Fenders
- Model 220 20" frame Varsity ........$109.95
- Model 222 22" frame Varsity ........$109.95
- Model 224 24" frame Varsity ........$109.95
- Model 226 26" frame Varsity ........$109.95
Popular priced men's lightweight with carbon steel frame and equipped with a rugged 5-speed derailleur and a 5-cog cluster, 37 - to - 85 gear.
Single-Stik shift control mounted at handlebar stem for convenience. 26" x 1 3/8" gum wall tires. Drop handlebars on Sport models. Colors: Sierra Brown, campus Green, or Kool Lemon. Wt. 39-42 lbs. depending on frame size.
Schwinn Collegiate Tourist
- Model 717 17" frame Collegiate Tourist, .... $89.95
- Model 720 20" frame Collegiate Tourist, .....$89.95
- Model 722 22" frame Collegiate Tourist, .... $89.95
- Model 724 24" frame Collegiate Tourist, .... $89.95
Schwinn Collegiate Sport
- Model 740 20" frame Collegiate Sport, .....$94.95
- Model 742 22" frame Collegiate Sport, .... $94.95
At first choice when economy with Schwinn value are primary considerations.
The Speedster features the diamond design carbon steel frame, Schwinn tubular rims, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/8" nylon cord touring tires, two-tone cushioned saddle. (Hand brakes on 3-speed model) 17" camelback frame for shorter riders. Choice of colors: campus green or Kool Lemon. Wt. 38-41 lbs., depending on frame size.
- K17-6 17" frame Speedster, .... $64.95
- K20-6 20" frame Speedster, .....$64.95
- K22-6 22" frame Speedster, .... $64.95
- K24-6 24" frame Speedster, .... $64.95
- K17-4 17" frame Speedster, .... $74.95
- K20-4 20" frame Speedster, .....$74.95
- K22-4 22" frame Speedster, .... $74.95
- K24-4 24" frame Speedster, .... $74.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Speedster.
Schwinn Deluxe Touring Paramount
The "Choice of Champions" now available for the first time in a specially designed ladies' model.
Same high performance, same wide selection of professional options. Frame built of Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing. 15-speed wide range 31-to-104 derailleur gears. Schwinn high pressure Le Tour tires. Handcrafted throughout with the superb workmanship that the world has come to expect fromt the Paramount. Complete choice of all Schwinn colors plus black, white and Silver Mist. Available in two standard frame sizes- 20" and 22". Wt. 26-27 lbs., depending on frame size.
Schwinn Deluxe Paramount
Same specifications as P60 described but equipped with 10-speed gears. Wt. 26-27 lbs. depending on frame size.
- P65 Ladies' Deluxe Paramount.........$450.00
- P60 Ladies' Deluxe Paramount.........$450.00
Schwinn Super Sport
Here is a fully equipped sports model for girls who want quality and features usually found only on men's style bikes.
the hand brazed chrome molybdenum frame, wide range 10-speed derailleur gears with 5-cog cluster. Drop style handlebars, hooded
caliper brake levers, rat-trap pedals, toe clips and straps, and racing style saddle. Twin-Stik gearshift controls, quick release
hubs. Center pull handbrakes. Schwinn 27" x 1 1/4" high performance sports touring tires. Wt. 34 lbs. Fenders optional at extra cost.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Sunset Orange, or Opaque Blue.
- Model 870 20" frame Super Sport....$152.95
- Model 872 22" frame Super Sport....$152.95
An elegant Schwinn bicycle offering a choice of gear options and frame sizes to fit the petite as well as the taller girl.
Tubular front fork, carbon steel frame, deluxe mattress saddle, enameled fenders richly trimmed with contrasting color stripe, 27" x 1 1/4" gumwall tires. Choice of colors: Sierra brown, Campus green or Opaque Blue. Wt. 40-41 lbs.
10-speed Suburban, 38 to 100 gear
- Model 667 17" frame Suburban, ........$106.95
- Model 669 19" frame Suburban, ........$106.95
- Model 671 21" frame Suburban, ........$106.95
5-speed Suburban, 39 to 89 gear
- Model 567 17" frame Suburban, ........$96.95
- Model 569 19" frame Suburban, ........$96.95
- Model 571 21" frame Suburban, ........$96.95
Schwinn Varsity Sport
Step up to Schwinn's most popular 10-speed.
And with good reason. The Varsity offers features usually found only on bicycles costing much more...Lightweight carbon steel frame, Twin-Stik gear shift controls,
10-speed derailleur gears, 38 to 100 ratio sprocket style chrome plated chainguard, 27" x 1 1/4" gumwall tires,
drop handlebars, sports style saddle, dual position caliper brake levers. Wt. 38-39 lbs., depending on frame size.
Model available with fenders at extra cost.
Choice of colors: Sunset Orange, Campus Green or Kool Lemon.
- Model 169 19" frame Varsity..........$102.95
- Model 171 21" frame Varsity..........$102.95
Enjoy the added zest of 5-speed Schwinn designed gears.
Built-to-last carbon steel frame welded as only Schwinn does into a single unit responsive frame. Handbrakes, foam cushioned saddle. Elegantly styled with chrome fenders. Single-Stik gear control. 26" x 1 3/8" gumwall straight side sports touring tires. Choice of colors: SIerra Brown, Campus green, or Kool Lemon. Wt. 41-42 lbs., depending on frame size.
- Model 767 17" frame collegiate, .......$89.95
- Model 769 19" frame collegiate, .......$89.95
- Model 771 21" frame collegiate, .......$89.95
A value priced model but no compromise in Schwinn quality - ease of ride.
Isn't that what every girl wants? Lightweight design in a durable carbon steel frame, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/8" tubular rims, nylon cord tires. Chrome plated fenders, two-tone padded saddle, built-in kickstand. Choice of colors: Campus Green or Kool Lemon. Wt. 38-40 lbs., depending on frame size.
- K67-6 Breeze with coaster brake...................$64.95
- K67-4 Breeze, with 3-speed........................$74.95
- K69-6 Breeze with coaster brake...................$64.95
- K69-4 Breeze, with 3-speed........................$74.95
- K61-4 Breeze, with 3-speed........................$74.95
Illinois - Land of Lincoln
From one end of the citu to the other, Chicagoans can ride their bikes along the Lakefront Bikeway just a few feet from the shore of Lake Michigan.
Indiana - Heritage Trail
Park Country, Indiana- Covered Bridge Country, plays host to thousands of cyclist annually who enjoy the miles of marked bike trails.
California - The Gem
La Jolla, California, home of the breathtaking ride along the Pacific on the Cove Bikeway.
Colorado - Ski Country U.S.A.
Downtown Aspen in the summer can be and exciting ride with fascinating and interesting shops beckoning the explorer.
On Your New Schwinn Bike!
The mountaid roads outside Denver play host to riders fromm all over the United States who want to enjoy the beauty of th out-of-doors at leisure.
Fall in New England - upper New York State, Vermont, or New Hampshire - the leaves and trees take on a whole new look for the close-to-nature cylist.
The University of Vermont at Burlington shares the beauty of the campus with the students who rely on their bikes to get them there on time - without parking problems.
Correct! The chain goes thru both wheels, the frame, and around the stationary object.
Correct! The chain goes thru the wheell, the frame, and thru the bicycle rack.
Correct! The chain goes thru both wheels, the frame, and thru the fence shown.
Always lock your bicycle every time you must leave it unattended. DOn't make the mistake of leaving it unlocked and unattented
"just for a minute." That won't do.
Use a high quality lock and case hardened chain to lock your new Schwinn. Avoid locks that can be easily picked or broken, and chains that can be easily cut with wire cutters and other such tools.
Put your bike away in a locked garage or a shed. Don't leave it in the yard or driveway where it becomes a temptation.
To properly lock your bicycle, loop the chain through the frame and rear wheel and around post or other stationary object.
Record the serial number of your
Bicycle In your Owner's Manual.
Do it Now.
Schwinn Town and Country Tri-Wheeler
Ride off to market, do and errand, and enjoy the out-of-doors at the same time.
It's all possible on the Schwinn Town and Country and you don't even have to know how to ride a two-wheeler. Easy to get on and dismount, too. Features include chrome plated fenders,
spacious detachable vinyle coated wire basket with carrying handles, comfortable contoures mattress saddle, front caliper and special
parking brake to prevent rolling. Designed to ride with ease and security. Wt. AT1-6, 62 lbs., AT1-8, 64 lbs.
Choice of colors: Kool Lemon or Campus green.
- Model AT1-6 Coaster brake Town and Country....$166.95
- Model AT1-8 3-Speed Town and Country..........$179.95
Schwinn ergoMetric Exerciser
The Schwinn ergoMetric Exerciser is a stationary bicycle ergometer which permits a closely controlled, measured, and repeatable exercise program.
With oter forms of exercise it is generally not possible to control or measure the work load... making it more difficult to measure the physiological effects of exercise. With the ergoMetric Exerciser- since the work loads are known both the program and the rider's reaction to the program can be charted.
Features: Dynamometer tested and rated; solid state electronic regulation; convenient instrument panel; work load independent
of pedal speed; easily adjusted for all riders; heavy duty comfort saddle, and spoke guard cover for in-home safety.
Color: Coppertone. Schwinn quality throughout. Wt.73 lbs.
For full details write to the Schwinn factory, Sales Promotion Department, 1856 N. Kostner Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60639.
- Ex-1 Schwinn ergoMetric Exerciser......$450.00
Schwinn Deluxe Exerciser
Now, enjoy the regular daily excersice to helps keep you fit and trim. It's so easy and convenient in the privacy of your own home.
No matter what the weather is like outside, there's always riding fun for the whole family indoor. Ideal for weight watchers and perfect to help skiing anf skating fans to keep in shape. For Year 'round fun or the daily "bike break." Quiet running - use it while youre watching your favorite TV show, enjoying stereo, or reading.
Easily adjusted handlebar and deluxe padded saddle for short or tall riders.Convenient control panel with speedometer, mileage indicator, timer, adjustable pedal resistance control dial, rubber pedals with toe straps, sturdy Schwinn frame support and full length chainguard and spoke guard cover for in-home safety. Colors: Copertone and Sierra Brown. Wt. 56 lbs.
- XR5 Schwinn Deluxe Exerciser............$96.95
Along the forest road beneath the picturesque Multnomah Falls along the Columbia River Highway on the site of the historic Oregon Trail.
Eerie abandoned railroad tunnels lend authentic excitement to the famous Cross Wisconsin Bike Path.
Cyclist by the thousands enjoy Central Park's miles of roadways closed every weekend to all wheeled traffic but bikes.
Miles and miles of bikeways give the cyclist every opportunity to explore the City of Chicago.
Nowhere does the crisp fall air paint the leaves with such color. A wealth of beauty for the bike rider.
Breathtaking views amid the greatest ski country in the nation, Aspen... viewed at leisure under your own power.
The University of Illinois, Champaign, features special bike paths throughout the campus for the convenience of the over 14,000 bicycle riders.
There is no season on cycling in Florida. The warm sunshine, clean air, and beautiful bike paths in Coral Gables are superb.
Schwinn Varsity Sport
Now a genuine lightweight, 10-speed bicycle in a frame size especially scaled to fir boys.
New short-coupled rugged carbon steel frame and new narrow width drop handlebars, plus special 5 1/2" crank scaled for the smaller frame size. Schwinn- Approved derailleurs gears, dual position caliper brake levers for sure control from any handlebar position; Schwinn Twin-Stik gear shift controls up front where they belong. Schwinn- Approved racing type saddle. No other bike in the 24-inch size offers more sensible features... no other bike is so exciting. Choice of colors: Kool Lemon, Campus Green or Sunset Orange. Wt36 lbs.
- Model 144 24-in Wheel Varsity Sport.......$102.95
The famous Schwinn Sting-Ray design customized with an array of special high-performance features!
Full floating ride with shock absorbing saddle and front fork, 5-speed gears, bucket seat, front drum brake. Sure stop disc brake on rear wheel. 20" x 2.125" Slik rear tire. Choice of colors: Orange Krate, Lemon Peeler, Apple Krate (RED). Wt. 49 lbs.
- C30-9 5-speed Stik-Shift Krate......$119.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Krates.
Sleek styling in a string carbon steel frame; fast, and responsive.
Five-speed gears! Adjustable handlebar, and saddle...Stik-Shift 20" x 1 3/8" Slik rear and sports front tires. "MAG" sprocket. Colors: Kool Lemon or Sunset Orange. Wt. 39 lbs.
- H36-9 5-speed Fastback. ......$92.95
This is it! The original Sting-Ray! Responsive, fast and rugged! Bucket saddle, MAG sprocket, 20" x 2.125". Slik rear tire. Colors: Kool Lemon or Flamboyant red. Wt. J38-6, 37 lbs.; J38-9, 41 lbs.
- J38-6 coaster brake Sting-Ray....$62.95
- J38-9 5-speed Sting-Ray..........$89.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Sting-Ray.
Schwinn Deluxe Sting-Ray
Fully equipped and raring to go! Chrome plated fenders, bucket saddle, Narrow line 20" front and Gripper rear tire. Built-in Kickstand. Colors: Kool Lemon, or Flamboyant red. Wt. 39 lbs.
- J39-6 Coaster D/L Sting-Ray, .........$71.95
Perfect for the girl who wants the stylish Sting-Ray design.
Low contoured frame that's easy to get on and off. Floral trimmed basket, Sting-Ray handlebars, comfortable saddle chrome plated fenders. 20" x 1 3/4" Gripper Slik rear tire. Choice of Colors: Opaque blue or Kool Lemon. Wt. J89-6, 37 lbs.; J89-4, 39 lbs.
- J89-6 coaster brake Fairlady, ........$65.95
- J89-4 3-speed Fairlady, ...............$79.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Fair Lady.
Schwinn Junior Sting-Ray
Sportly and smart for the younger set.
Chrome plated fenders, improved medium-rise handlebars, bucket style saddle, 20" x 1 3/4" Gripper Slik rear tire and sports front tire. Choice of colors: Flamboyant red or Kool Lemon. Wt. 35 lbs.
- J31-6 Junior Sting-Ray, .....$57.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Sting-Ray.
Schwinn Lil' Chik
Perfect and petite for growing girls. Special frame design, chrome plated fenders, floral print saddle, Schwinn 20" x 1 3/4" tires and tubular rims, improved medium-rise handlebars. Choice of colors: Opaque blue or Kool Lemon. Wt. 35 lbs.
- J81-6 Lil' Chik...........$57.95
First choice of newspaper and errand boys.
Built strong for use under heavy loads. Cantilever carbon steel frame, heavy duty front hub, Schwinn 26" x 1 3/4" Tractor tires, heavy duty saddle, drop forged crank, heavy duty spokes. Colors: Kool Lemon. Wt. 45 lbs.
- M15-6 Heavy-duti ..........$79.95
The middleweight for girls, Graceful styling. Chrome plated fenders, two tone saddle, built-in kickstand, Schwinn tubular
rims, 26" x 1 3/4"nylon cord tires, positive action coaster brake, ladies' frame that's easy to get on and off.
Colors: Opaque blue or Campus Green. Wt. 39 lbs.
- L62-6 Hollywood.......$62.95
Schwinn quality and strength. Sturdy Schwinn Cantilever carbon steel frame, chrome plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims,
schwinn 26" x 1 3/4" nylon cord tires, forged steel fork, built-in kickstand. Positive action coaster brake.
Colors: Flamboyant red or Campus green. Wt. 40 lbs.
- L12-6 Typhoon....$62.95
Popular Schwinn lightweight styling for growing girls in a value priced bike.
Electro forged frame. Chrome plated fenders, Schwinn 20" x 1 3/8" nylon cord tires, built-in kickstand. Positive action coaster brake. Choice of colors: Campus green or Lemon. Wt. 31 lbs.
A lightweight style bike designed for the younger rider. Sturdy Schwinn lightweight style frame, forged steel fork, chrome plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims, Schwinn 20" x 1 3/8" nylon cord tires. Positive action coaster brake. Chainguard. Colors: Kool Lemon or Campus Green. Wt. 31 lbs.
See the complete history of the Schwinn Speedster.
Value you can count on in a convertible designed to fit growing family.
20" model quickly converts from a boys's to a girl's bike by simply removing the top bar. Chrome plated fenders, Schwinn tubular rims, 20" x 1 3/4" nylon cord tires. Schwinn quality throughout. Colors: Kool Lemon or Flamboyant red. Wt. 33 lbs. with top bar.
- J35-6 Bantam.......$54.95
Easy-to-ride model with 16-inch wheels designed for boys and girls 3 to 5 years old. Famous Schwinn quality features include chrome plated fenders, 16" semi-pneumatic whitewall tires, patented Schwinn Cycle Aid training wheels. Top bar removes to convert bike from a boy's to a girl's. Choice of Colors: Flamboyant red, or Kool lemon. Wt. 32 lbs. with top bar.
- J42-6 Pixie .....$36.95
Schwinn Sting-Ray Pixie
A popular beginner's bike with 16" wheels.
Top bar removes easily to convert it from a boy's to a girl's bike in minutes.
Sting-Ray type handlebars adjustable saddle, built-in Kickstand, 16" x 1 3/4" pneumatic tires.
Choice of Colors: Kool Lemon or Flamboyant red. Wt. 27 lbs. with top bar.
- J44-6 Sting-Ray Pixie .....$39.95
Schwinn Lil' Tiger
The perfect bike for boys and girls from 2 to 4 years old. Compact Sting-Ray design complete with patented Schwinn Cycle
Aid training wheels. Schwinn Quality equipment throughout. Chrome fenders, Sting-Ray type saddle.
Choice of Colors: Flamboyant red or Kool Lemon. Wt. 26 lbs. with top bar.
- J52-0 Lil' Tiger.......$32.95
A new experience to test your skill in riding and balance.
The special patented saddle adds control and riding comfort. Schwinn tubular rim, chrome plated frame- fork, and adjustable seat post........20" x 1 3/4" wheel sizes...whitewall tire. It's a whole new experience in cycling pleasure. A challenge for experienced riders who have mastered balance. Wt. U20, 14 lbs.; U24, 15 lbs.
- U20 Unicycle...........$39.95
- U24 Unicycle...........$39.95
See the complete history of the Schwinn Unicycle.
Some state laws require a light
Horn or Bell
State and local laws may require that your bicycle be equipped with a warning device such as a bell or a horn, and a light... Check with your Factory Authorized Schwinn Dealer. He can advise you as to the community. A complete selection of lights, horns, generator sets, tail lights, and bells, is available at extra cost at your Schwinn Cyclery.
Never ride at dusk or in the dark without LIGHTS...
(A) Schwinn Roll-Up Hat
An ideal hat with a sportly look. Poplin fabric with pelon lining. Choice of white with red band, or red with white band.
- Sizes: S-M-L-XL.......$4.50
(B) Schwinn T-Shirt
Two-tone, fine quality, 100% cotton T-shirt with imprint as shown front.
- Sizes: XS-S-M-L-XL for men and women.......$2.25
Note: 100% cotton T-shirts will shrink when laundered. Therefore when ordering T-shirts it may be advisable to order a size larger.
(BB) With small emblem..........$2.25
(E) Schwinn Tuff-n-Dry Jacket
Waterproof nylon with reflectorized racing style safety stripes. Hood rolls up into collar. Zipper and snap closing. Bright colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue or Green.
- Sizes: XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL.......$17.95
(please add 25 cents extra for packing)
(D) Schwinn Cap
Thermo-cool, foam lined, adjustable cap, non-break visor, fully washable. Sizes: Med. and Lge.
- Colors: White or Red........$2.95
(C) Schwinn Cycling Shirt
Fine quality shirt for active wear. Collar with button opening. Colors: Green, Cream, Scarlet, and Blue. For men and women.
- Sizes: S-M-L-XL.......$7.95
(please add 25 cents extra for packing)
(F) Schwinn Slacjac
Perfect for outdoors in any weather. Waterproof nylon with reflectorized safety strippin, hood rolls up into collar. Rain-pants roll up and snap into hem of jacket. Sports apparel for active people. Colors: Red orange, Yellow, Blue or Green.
- Sizes: XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL.......$24.95
(please add 25 cents extra for packing)
Medium = 6 1/2 to 7 1/2
Large = 7 to 7 5/8
X-small = 30 to 32
Small = 34 to 36
Medium = 38 to 40
Large = 42 to 44
X Large = 46 to 50
XX Large= 52 to 56
(G)Schwinn Beach Bag
Roomy... waterproof lining, drawstring top, zipper, convenience pocket......$4.95
(H)Schwinn Beach Towel
Large 35" x 66" heavy cotton terry CANNON towel, washes easily, dries quickly.........$2.95
Cotton twill, thermo cool foam lined. Alternating panels. New and different. Sizes: Junior and Regular......$2.95
Lightweight, nylon windbreaker for active wear.... golf, riding, etc. Zipper front closure. Choice of Colors: Blue, Yellow, white, red.
- Sizes: S-M-L-XL....$12.95
(Please add 25 cents extra for packing)
Schwinn First Aid Kit
Bandages, antiseptic, insect repellent, ammonia, first aid cream by KENDALL....$1.95
Schwinn Cycling Shoes
Designed for utmost comfort. Leather uppers with racing stripes and scuff pads. Non-skid long-wearing soles.
Ladies Sizes - B width only
9-9 1/2 -10
Mens sizes - D width only
- 04 140 - Deluxe generator set complete with headlight, tail light, and generator. A must for night riding.....$9.95
- 05 712 - Deluxe Ball Light with chrome case and lighted amber side reflectors......$5.49
(Batteries not included)
- 05 815 - Strap-on safety light with amber and red lens.
(Batteries not included)....$2.39
- 04 200 - Lightweight Super Sport generator set complete with headlight, tail light and generator.........$9.95
- 04 100 - Single Unit Block Generator set complete with headlight......$5.95
- 04 115 - Sportlight generator set complete with headlight, tail light and generator...$7.50
- 04 175 - Easily mounted tail light for use with generator sets......................$2.69
- 04 180 - Genarator operated tail light equippes with amber and red lens.......$1.75
- 04 181 - Tail light for use with generator sets..............$1.19
- 01 505 - Rear carrier with spring holder and briefcase hanging bracket......$5.19
- 01 411 - Front Spring carrier. Chrome plated.......$5.49
- 01 535 - Short lightweight rear spring carrier and bag support. Wire construction and chrome plated. Installs on frame with rubber covered clamp.....$3.49
- 01 600 and 01 605 - Lightweight allor carrier with spring holder and front check clip that holds packages in place. Easily installed, the carrier attaches to frame drop out ends and seat mast clamp. Complete with leveler bracket. Available in two sizes to fit 20" - 22" and 24" - 26" frames..........$5.95
Luggage straps in assorter colors
- 01 814 - 12" Long $ .79 to $1.24
- 01 821 - 18" Long $ .79 to $1.24
- 01 822 - 24" Long $ .79 to $1.24
- 07 600 - Pedal blocks pair.........$1.29
- 94 525 - Bicycles storage hook set... (set of 2) $1.49
- 04 950 thru 04 967 - Hand brake lever covers in matching colors......$ .49
- 27 902 - Derailleur guard, chrime plated..........$1.79
- 07 700 - Chrome plated handlebar plugs. Per pair........$ .49
- 09 110 thru 09 117 - Cotton handlebar tape in colors......$ .89
- 09 056 thru 09 074 - Handlebar tape in matching colors....$ .69
- 04 715 thru 04 727 - Handlebar grips in matching colors...$ .69
- 09 501 - Trouser guards.........$ .49
Schwinn Cycle- Aid
The ideal bicycle accessory to help the beginner get a head start in cycling enjoyment. Wheel height adjustable. Available for 12" , 16" and 20" bikes.
- 02 527 for 12" - Schwinn Cycle Aid.....$5.95
- 02 525 for 16" - Schwinn Cycle Aid.....$5.95
- 02 526 for 20" - Schwinn Cycle Aid.....$5.95
- 46 955 thru 46 958 - Vinyl cloth cycling glove with padded palm.....$3.99
- 46 915 thru 46 917 - Ladies' Leather cycling gloves.................$9.95
- 46 920 thru 46 924 - Men's Deluxe leather cycling gloves with padded palm....$9.95
- 46 930 thru 46 936 - Men's leather cycling gloves...................$7.95
- 49 700 to 49 703 - Canvas back packs with water proof lining, in blue, red, orange, brown.......$4.95
- 49 703 - 731 - Lightweight back packs with carrying straps in Blue or Red......$4.95
- 49 720 to 49 722 - Large nylon back packs with carrying straps in Red, Orange, Yellow and Blue.......$5.95
- 47 080 - Tow Clips for reflector pedals with leather straps........$4.49
- 47 325 - Bottle and cage for frame mounting........................$3.19
- 47 310 - Bottle and cage for handlebar mounting....................$3.19
- 47 330 - Bottle and cage with Schwinn Emblem for frame mounting....$3.19
- 47 340 - Bottle and cage for frame mounting........................$2.99
- 08 450 - 08 451 - Deluxe Speedometer with chrome case.....$9.95
- 02 800 thru 02 802 and 02 805 - Schwinn Approved Cyclometer.......$3.95
Note: Speedometers shown in the catalog will not fit bicycles equipped with quick release hubs.
- 07 010 - 4" round mirror chrome plated with reflector......$1.39
- 07 011 - Chrome plated oblong mirror with two reflectors.....$1.39
- 07 015 - 3" chrome plated round mirror.........$ .79
- 07 014 - 3" chrome plated mirror with reflector........$ .99
- 00 800 thru 00 805 - Junior size woven plastic baskets with color trim to match most bicycles.......$2.49
- 00 782 - Floral trimmed shopping basket with handles........$4.95
- 00 720 thru 00 729 - Woven plastic basket with color trim to match most bicycles. Mounts by straps to handlebar.........$3.39
Schwinn Baby Seats
- 01 500 - Baby seat complete with safety belt, food protectors and seat pad. Folded it serve as luggage carrier.....$14.95
- 01 550 thru 01 556 - Folding baby seat complete with safety belt, foot protectors and soft vinyl covered seat pad. Avilable in colors to match most bicycles........$14.50
- 00 035 - Heavy-duty extra large lock and tool bag........$3.49
- 00 054 - Large quality cotton touring bag 15" x 10" x 9" deep with two side pockets.....$9.50
- 00 052 - Medium size quality cotton touring bag 13" x 8" x 7 1/2" deep with two side pockets........$7.50
- 00 050 - Touring bag, quality cotton 9" x 8" x 7 1/2" deep tapered shaped........$5.95
- 00 015 - Medium size Cotton Duck touring bag with two side pockets. Pocket size 4" x 2 1/2" x 6" deep. Cloth rubbing patch. Overall bag size 12" x 7" x 7 1/2" deep.......$14.95
- 00 016 - Large size Cotton Duck Touring bag with two large side pockets. Pocket size 7" x 3" x 4" deep. Shaped to allow minimum saddle height with maximum capacity. Leather rubbing patch. Overall bag size 14" x 10 1/2" x 6 1/2" deep....$17.95
- 00 005 - Deluxe front touring bag. Heavy vinyl cloth with waterproof map holder and "see-thru" window......$6.95
- 00 041 - Lock and tool bag of black vinyl cloth.......$1.89
- 00 030 - Touring bag of heavy vinyl cloth.............$2.95
- 00 031 - White heavy vinyl cloth touring bag..........$2.95
- 00 036 - Large heavy vinyl cloth touring bag with two side pockets.....$6.95
- 00 006 - Carrier for deluxe front touring bag.........$4.49
- 06 725 and 06 735 - Chain and lock set with hardened chain and laminated key lock with hardened shackle. 4 ft. and 6 ft. lengths.....$6.95 and $8.50
- 06 720 and 06 730 - Chain and lock set with hardened chain and combination lock with hardened shackle. 4 ft. and 6 ft. lengths.....$6.95 and $8.50
- 06 690 thru 06 700 - Combination lock and chain in colors to match most bicycles......$2.99
- 06 710 - Hardened steel chain with built-in combination lock..........................$5.95
- 06 610 - Heavy duty 8/16" hardened chain and padlock with hardened 2/8" shackle.......$16.95
- 06 660 - Combination lock with hardened shackle and 6 ft. cable set...................$5.79
- 06 606 - Laminated padlock with key and hardened shackle..............................$3.29
- 06 600 - Combination bicycles lock with hardened shackle..............................$3.29
- 06 639 thru 06 649 - 6 ft. bicycle looking cable in assorted colors...................$3.49
- 06 620 - Super cable, heavy duty 6 ft. cable and hardened steel padlock set...........$19.95
- 06 684 - Heavy duty one piece cable and lock set......................................$3.29
- 05 005 - Long chrome plated bulb horn.........$1.69
- 05 001 - Chrome plated Bugle horn.............$3.89
- 05 003 - Small brass bugle horn...............$3.99
- 05 267 - Large, chrome plated bugle horn......$5.49
- 05 006 - Giant brass bugle horn...............$14.50
- 05 051 - Electric horn with chrome case.......$2.29
- 01 006 - Bells with assorted antique bicycle illustrations.....$1.29
- 01 007 - Bicycle bells with animal cartoons......$1.09
(Batteries not included)
- 01 010 - Schwinn Approved Bell....$1.29
- 01 001 - American flag bell........$1.29
- 01 015 - Bicycle bell with antique bicycle illustration......$1.29
- 01 005 - Deluxe ding dong bicycle bell with Schwinn approved seal.......$2.69
Here's a complete selection of special Sting-Ray equipment for safety, for fun, for performance.
- 08 452 and 08 453 - Deluxe Speedometer with chrome case.........$9.95
- 04 100 - Single unit block generator set complete with headlight.......$5.95
- 05 836 - Tail light with adjustable bracket............$2.99
- 05 510 thru 05 512 - Hub shiners with racing stripes and safety reflectors.......$ .69
- 05 010 - Triple note chrome bulb horn..............$4.19
- 07 020 - Racing designed mirror....................$1.59
Note: Speedometer shown in the catalog will not fit bicycles equipped with quick release hubs.
Suggested prices shown do not include installation
Note: Battery operated accessories do not include batteries.
It's east to "costumize" with these ideas from Schwinn.
- 00 042 - Utility bracket for mounting lock and tool bag on seat struts.........$ .49
- 00 041 - Lock and tool bag of black vinyl cloth................................$1.89
- 08 640 thru 8 648 - Handlebar streamers in choice of colors....................$ .49
- 05 838 - Deluxe directional tail light.......................$5.49
- 23 900 and 44 205 - Chrome Stik-Shift for bikes with gears.....$8.49 to $10.95
- 05 712 - Deluxe ball light with chrome case and lighted amber side reflectors.......$5.49
(batteries not included)
- 55 011 - Junior Sting-Ray handlebar.......$2.99
- 55 002 - Standard Sting-Ray handlebar.....$3.19
- 58 615 thru 58 656 - Standard Sting-Ray seat with chrome strut to......$9.95
- 58 585 - Sting-Ray seat with floral pattern and chrome strut to........9.95
- 58 683 thru 58 688 - Sting-Ray seat with racing stripes and shock absorbing strut to.......$16.95
- 58 570 thru 58 583 - Deluxe Sting-Ray seat with silver inlay and strut to.............$9.95
- 60 683 - Frame Pump with clips...$2.29
- 60 680 - Compact Foot Pump.......$3.39
- 60 681 - Deluxe Foot Pump........$4.99
- 60 682 - Deluxe Foot Pump with Color coded pressure gauge....$11.95
- 60 675 - Deluxe foot pump with air reservoir and color coded pressure gauge......$14.95
- 60 415 - Bicycle tire - Stop Leak - Tire sealing fluid..........$1.29
- 60 410 - Bicycle tube repair kit .........$ .39
- 60 406 - Bicycle tube repair kit..........$ .39
Whatever you need in tires or tubes.....insist on Schwinn
Schwinn brand tires are made by major manufacturers on Schwinn's own molds, especially to fit Schwinn's extra strength tubular
rims. Longer wearing nylon reinforced tread designs that hold the road better at higher speeds and during turns. Accept no substitutes.
Insist on Schwinn.
Thorn resistant tubes are available in all Schwinn and styles.
Carrier mounts easily on any model automobile. No metal touches the car finish.
Upright carrier assembly removes easily to provide access to trunk.
Two bicycles are carried safely and securely at highway speeds.
Schwinn Bicycle Carrier For Automobiles
The ideal answer for the traveling cyclist, the city-traffic rider who wants to get away, or the driver who wants his bike with him. The Schwinn bicycle Carrier fits most automobiles. Mounts on bumper. Vertical mounting stand removes and stores in trunk. Ruggedly constructed of chrome plated steel. Available in two sizes to fit large and small bumpers.
- 94 540 and 94 545 ..........$29.95
Bike Care the Easy Way.......
Keeping your bicycle in tip-top shape is easy - and saves on repair bills, too, regular use of the proper lube, oil, and polish is easy with the Schwinn Approved products.
- 73 200 - Bicycle Spray Polish........$1.99
- 72 020 - Spray Lubricant (LPD9)......$1.99
- 72 500 thru 72 532 - Spray Paint, large size.....$1.99
- 73 203 - Bicycle degreaser (DG-15)...$1.79
- 72 720 thru 72 734 - Paint Stik, touch-up color. No spray-no brush.......$1.29
- 73 206 - Chrome Polish............$ .79
- 73 205 - Bicycle Wax..............$ .79
- 72 210 - Rust Eraser - simply rub on rust spot to remove....$1.29
- 72 800 thru 72 808 - Custom Flek one coat Hi Gloss Spray Enamel. Available in 9 custom Colors.....$2.49
- 72 002 - Cycle oil....$ .49
- 72 600 thru 72 635 - Spray paint, small size....$ .99
- 72 001 - Cycle lube...........$ .59
schwinn bicycles, and Schwinn parts and accessories manufactured by Schwinn, are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship... no time limit. Schwinn -Approved parts and accessories are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period on one year from the date of purchase.
Schwinn will replace-without charge... any original part that is determined br the factory to be defective under the terms of this guarantee. See your Authorized Schwinn Delaer for service or replacement under this guarantee.
Failure, loss or damage due to accident, abuse, neglect, wear improper assembly or maintenance by anyone other than an Authorized Schwinn Dealer or use of other than genuine Schwinn parts is not covered.
Free 30-Day Checkup
Each Schwinn Bicycle will be fully assembled by the Authorized Schwinn Dealer at time of purchase, and will be entitled to recieve a free 30-day Checkup by the same Authorized Schwinn Dealer within the first 30 days of operation...such checkup to include free replacement of any parts found to be defective, free inspection and adjustment of all functional parts and assemblies... but not including any repair due to accident, abuse, neglect, normal wear, improper assembly or maintenance by anyone other than a Authorized Schwinn Dealer, or use of other than Genuine Schwinn Parts.
Dealer labor charges are not covered by this guarantee after the Free 30-day checkup, except for any labor charges due to free replacement of a defective or broken frame within one year from date of original purchase at retail.
Replacement of defective parts and those dealer charges specified above shall be the sole remedy of any purchaser under the Schwinn Guarantee, and in no event shall Schwinn be liable on any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness, or for special or consequential damages. The foregoin warranties are in Lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein.
See your Authorized Schwinn Dealer for service under the Schwinn Guarantee or write for assistance to: