The Schwinn Meteor
The Schwinn Meteor was made between 1951 to 1953.
This page provides year by year images and info quoted from Schwinn catalogs for the Meteor from 1951 to 1953.
Dependability at a budget-pleasing price!
1951 Schwinn Meteor
- Model D-12 26-inch
An ideal choice for top performance at a low, low cost! See it right now!
This low-prices Schwinn Meteor is made with all the famous Schwinn Exclusive Quality Features. Included are the Electro-forged frame, patented built-in kickstand, and streamlined chainguard. Other Schwinn equipment such as the spring fork, Cyclelock, and expander brake may be installed on this model at a slight extra cost. Like all other standard Schwinn bicycles, the Meteor carries the famous Schwinn Guarantee. For pleasure or utility-a top value!
- Frame Electro-forged, fully streamlined, made from Schwinn built tubing, boys model has patented Cantilever design.
- Fork Solid forged steel construction. No brazing.
- Crank Set Drop forged from high carbon steel, triple heat treated cups and cones. Cones turned from fine grain bar steel, chrome steel balls, two point ball bearing races.
- Front Hub Schwinn built with removable bearing cups.
- Rear Hub Standard coaster brake.
- Head Set Schwinn built, triple heat treated cups and cones, with chrome steel balls.
- Handlebar Chrome plated, SB 26 x 8 on D12, Boy Scout.
- Handlebar Stem Standard extension stem, best quality.
- Kickstand Schwinn patented dust and rattle proof.
- Fenders Deep type, reinforced, rigid semi-tubular braces. Rear braces attached directly to frame.
- Chain Guard Embossed design, secured directly to frame.
- Tires Schwinn Typhoon 26 x 2 1/8" cord balloon.
- Rims Schwinn built, tubular, enameled S-2.
- Saddle koroseal top, felt padded.
- Pedals Schwinn approved, adjustable bearings.
- Reflector 1 1/2" Jewel.
- Shipping Weight D12, 58 pounds; D62, 57 pounds.
- Colors Dark Red, Blue, Green or Black.
The Schwinn Meteor
Quality constructed 24-inch unequipped model!
- Model J-30 24-inch
A combination of smooth styling and low price for the 7 to 9 age group
The Meteor is sturdily constructed to stand the abuse and hard wear of active youngsters between the ages of 7 to 9. I'ts tops for dependability, with the extra-string Electroforged frame and all the other famous Schwinn Quality features. Equipment includes streamlined chainguard, built-in kickstand and full width fenders. Fully protected by the famous Schwinn Guarantee!
Over 50 Beautiful Models froms Which to Choose!
1952 Schwinn Meteor
The Standard Schwinn for boys...
Finest quality at a price to suit every pocket-book. Feturing Schwinn Exclusive Quality Features, this Schwinn is equipped with the patented built-in kickstand, streamlines chainguard and in fully protected by the famous Long-As-You-Own-It. Guarantee.
- 26 inch model No. D-12.
The Standard Schwinn for Girls...
Here's a real beauty at a price that will please your budget. Smooth riding, easy coasting, and safe sure stopping are assured by faultless Schwinn construction. Made with all the famous Schwinn Quality Construction fetures too.
- 26 inch model No. D-62.
See the full 1952 Schwinn catalog.
Finest quality at a price to suit every pocket book.
1953 Schwinn Meteor
Schwinn Meteor for Boys...
This model is equipped with patented, built-in kickstand, streamlined chainguard, plus the Schwinn Exclusive cantilever frame. It's fully protected by the famous Schwinn guarantee.
- odel No. D-12
Schwinn Meteor for Girls...
A real beauty at a price to please your budget. Schwinn construction assures smooth riding Fine features include electro-forged frame, extra strong tubular rims, and built-in kickstand. Guaranteed As-Long-As-You-Own-It.
- odel No. D-62
Schwinn Meteor for Girls 7 to 10...
Smooth styling and sturdy construction combined with reasonable price-finished in attractive shades of mar-resistant baked-an enamel. Built-in kickstand, chainguard, full-width fenders. With Schwinn Quality Featurs.
- model No. J-80. Boys
- model No. J-30.
What's the Right Age for
Child training authorities agree that bicycle riding develops the child mentally as well as physically. It gives him a sense
of independence and builds muscular coordination.
Cycle-Aid training wheels can be attached to bicycles of all sizes, and removed after the child learns to balance. With this added safety feature, even the younger child, from 2 1/2 to 3 years, can enjoy the thrill of owning his own bike.
Schwinn Meteor for Girls 5 to 7...
A streamlined beuty that's finished is bright enamel. All parts are of high quality materials. Equipped with streamlined chainguard, Schwinn tubular rims - plus all the Schwinn Quality Features.
- model No. J-90 Boys
- model No. J-40
See the full 1953 Schwinn catalog.
Back to Schwinn Bikes.